True North Automation provides a wide range of fully customized, vendor-neutral industrial engineering and automation solutions to companies across Canada, throughout the United States and around the world. Our corporate mantra of "Vision, Talent and Technology" defines both who we are as a company and why you'd want to work at True North. We employ some of the most skilled and versatile people in our industry, who consistently design advanced solutions that when deployed allow our customers to have modern, reliable control and monitoring systems.
Fueled by the momentum of our vendor-neutral, relationship based, people-focused model, True North is poised for strong continued growth. Proud to be recognized by PROFIT Magazine on the prestigious PROFIT HOT 50 list makes us one of Canada's Top Growth Companies. True North has many compelling reasons to join our team. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we offer an environment that will treat you more like a friend than a numbered employee. Team building is a core value at True North, you can lace up your skates and join the company hockey team, or enjoy our annual Christmas party at Banff's Rimrock Hotel. At True North we play as hard as we work and we endeavour to include everyone.
We are currently recruiting for a DCS Technologist/Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years experience in mid to large size projects
- Experience with SAGD facilities
- Participate in P&ID and HAZOP, and other design reviews
- Prepare Functional Requirements, Detail Design Specifications, and Software Test Plans
- Participate in Alarm Rationalizations and Alarm Management reviews
- FAT, SAT and commissioning activities.
- Technical skills in Emerson DeltaV, Honeywell Experion, ABB 800xA or Yokogawa DCS systems
- Configure control strategies and shutdown keys
- Prepare and follow Control Narratives
- Able to travel to site for commissioning and start-up activities
- Provide team mentorship, training and coaching
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "DCS Technologist/Engineer" as the subject line to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.