True North Automation provides a wide range of fully customized, vendor-neutral industrial engineering and automation solutions to companies across Canada, throughout the United States and around the world. Our corporate mantra of "Vision, Talent and Technology" defines both who we are as a company and why you'd want to work at True North. We employ some of the most skilled and versatile people in our industry, who consistently design advanced solutions that when deployed allow our customers to have modern, reliable control and monitoring systems.
Fueled by the momentum of our vendor-neutral, relationship based, people-focused model, True North is poised for strong continued growth. Proud to be recognized by PROFIT Magazine on the prestigious PROFIT HOT 50 list makes us one of Canada's Top Growth Companies. True North has many compelling reasons to join our team. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we offer an environment that will treat you more like a friend than a numbered employee. Team building is a core value at True North, you can lace up your skates and join the company hockey team, or enjoy our annual Christmas party at Banff's Rimrock Hotel. At True North we play as hard as we work and we endeavour to include everyone.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design / Drafter. This challenging opportunity is to be an integral part of our electrical engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering, design, specification and drafting of various electrical projects.
- Design and checking of single lines, panel / cable schedules, cable tray layout, schematics and wiring diagrams, area classification, grounding, lighting, electrical heat tracing and installation details.
- Perform power system studies (short circuit, coordination, motor starting, arc flash and harmonics).
- Perform calculations for lighting, voltage drop, grounding and heat tracing.
- Produce material take-off and material requisition.
- Review vendor drawings and implement the P&ID requirements into electrical design Implement the P&ID requirements into electrical design.
- Visit construction / plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase.
- Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for. Electrical systems when required
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical design / drafting.
- Strong background in one or more of the following industries: Oil/Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Forestry, Waste Water, Water, Food and Beverage
- Strong experience in electrical design drafting with AutoCAD.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "Electrical Design / Drafter" as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.