True North Automation provides a wide range of fully customized, vendor-neutral industrial engineering and automation solutions to companies across Canada, throughout the United States and around the world. Our corporate mantra of "Vision, Talent and Technology" defines both who we are as a company and why you'd want to work at True North. We employ some of the most skilled and versatile people in our industry, who consistently design advanced solutions that when deployed allow our customers to have modern, reliable control and monitoring systems.
Fueled by the momentum of our vendor-neutral, relationship based, people-focused model, True North is poised for strong continued growth. Proud to be recognized by PROFIT Magazine on the prestigious PROFIT HOT 50 list makes us one of Canada's Top Growth Companies. True North has many compelling reasons to join our team. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we offer an environment that will treat you more like a friend than a numbered employee. Team building is a core value at True North, you can lace up your skates and join the company hockey team, or enjoy our annual Christmas party at Banff's Rimrock Hotel. At True North we play as hard as we work and we endeavour to include everyone.
We are currently recruiting for PLC and DCS Engineers / Technologists. This challenging opportunity is to be an integral part of our controls and automation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for specification, configuration and commissioning of PLC and DCS systems.
- Design and configuration of PLC and DCS systems.
- Manage scope, schedule and budget on projects.
- Participate in P&ID, HAZOP and other design reviews.
- Provide high quality written documentation and engineering work packages.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and support on previous projects.
- Commissioning, testing and troubleshooting remotely and on-site.
- Maintain 100% customer satisfaction.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Diploma in Technology in a related field.
- PLC Experience with one of the following: Rockwell, Schnieder / Modicon, GE and Siemens or others.
- DCS Experience with one of the following: ABB, Honeywell Experion, DeltaV or others.
- Communication Experience with one of the following: DeviceNet, Modbus, Profibus, FFieldbus or others.
- Strong software computer proficiencies: MS Office,SQL, VBScript, Access an asset.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Superb communication written and spoken.
- Availability to Travel approximately 20% of the time with a valid driver's license.
- Experience in Oil / Gas, Manufacturing, Mining, Forestry, Waste Water, Water, Food and Beverage.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with "PLC / DCS Engineers / Technologists" as the subject line to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.